Back to top
Web Application Developer - Seattle, New York, San Francisco
We are looking for an experienced Web Application Developer. Rakuten PopShop’s feed management platform provides the capability to ingest input files in ‘any’ format and to generate output files in ‘any’ format. It operates on one of the world’s largest repositories of product data. A custom service oriented architecture is at the core of the system implementation.
About the Job
- This is a hands-on position. In addition to guiding and mentoring a team of talented, geographically distributed developers, you will be able to contribute to some of the coding tasks while working in a fast-paced, Agile environment.
- Mentor individual developers to continuously improve their skills and knowledge.
- Build a world class development team so that members have an awesome career path.
- Work with product and project management to scope and create timelines for projects and bug fixes.
- Deliver projects on time.
- Communicate with local and global teams to deliver shared projects.
- Provide timely communication to peers and senior management to apprise of status and issues.
- Continuous improvement of development processes.<\li>
- Operational excellence to ensure scalable, reliable and secure operations of production systems.<\li>
- Support needs for staffing, resource planning, and training.<\li>
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- 5+ years of software development experience, 2+ years of experience leading engineering teams.
- Solid understanding of the SLDC and Agile processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid knowledge of Java<\li>
- Solid knowledge of MySQL or equivalent<\li>
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.<\li>
- Hands on experience with design of large scale systems.<\li>
Benefits and perks include
- Work with a highly motivated, fun, and winning team
- Casual, fun work environment and relaxed dress code
- Healthcare for employee, their families and domestic partners: Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage. Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Paid Short-Term & Long Term Disability Coverage and AD&D Coverage
- Company Paid Life Insurance Coverage
- Vacation Days and Paid Time Off Days
- Company Designated Holidays
Back to top
Director Sales and Business Development - Seattle, WA or NY, NY
Were seeking a business development and sales leader to join our Rakuten PopShops (www.popshops.com) team in Seattle. Do you have proven experience selling into and establishing partnerships with leading online businesses? Do you enjoy working with marketing and product teams of successful online publishers and advertisers? If so, weve got an opportunity where your work will directly impact some of the largest shopping portals in the world!
About the Job
- Seek out and develop relationships with industry contacts for new business opportunities
- Produce a high volume of sales related activity (cold calls, presentations, proposals
- Represent Rakuten PopShops at trade shows, seminars and industry events
- Formulate and present strategic presentations
- Meet and exceed all sales and revenue targets
- Be able to communicate with the management team effectively and clearly
- Minimum of 3 years of selling experience
- Experience selling software solutions to CMO or VP of Marketing and Product at Fortune 500 companies
- Strong knowledge of e-commerce and Online Marketing
- Proven record of success in a consultative selling environment
- Proven record of generating new revenue and exceeding sales quota
- Excellent negotiation and closing skills
- Bachelors Degree
We are committed to rewarding innovation and progress while fostering a fun and relaxed environment. If that sounds interesting, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and introduce yourself.
About Rakuten PopShops
Rakuten PopShops is a sub-division of Rakuten Marketing. Rakuten PopShops is the largest aggregator of online product and coupon content for the affiliate industry with over 4,000 participating retailers. PopShops is the engine behind product search and coupon content on tens of thousands of shopping portals. Rakuten PopShops offices are located in Pike Place Market in Seattle, WA.
About Rakuten Marketing
Rakuten Marketing is a leading provider of full service online marketing solutions, specializing in the areas of affiliate marketing, retargeting, display, search marketing, lead generation, and loyalty. Our clients include Fortune 500 Companies, as well as small to mid-size businesses. The company is headquartered in New York City and has additional offices in San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago, Tampa, Salt Lake City, London, Sydney and Tokyo. As part of Rakuten, Inc., one of the worlds leading Internet service companies, Rakuten Marketing includes: Rakuten Affiliate Network, Rakuten Display, and Rakuten PopShops.